To apply or renew online, you will need to provide a mobile phone number.


If you don’t have one or don’t have a friend, carer or family member who can assist, please contact your local council. We will text your application reference to your mobile and you will take it to your chosen general practitioner (GP) or occupational therapist for your functional assessment.


Check your eligibility


To be eligible for a permit, you need to meet the eligibility criteria contained within the Accessible Parking Permit (APP) Scheme.

  • You will be asked to check your eligibility before applying for a new permit or renewing an existing permit.
  • It's possible that changes in the APP Scheme criteria may impact on your eligibility even if you currently have a permit.

Functional assessments


If you apply for a new, or renew an existing permit, you will need to undertake a functional assessment by a GP or occupational therapist. This determines the type of permit you need and how long you need it for.

  • If you are seeking a permit on the grounds of a cognitive or neurological disability you must see your GP. Occupational therapists cannot complete this for you.

Some key points to remember

  • Permits are only issued to those with a mobility impairment. 
  • You can only have one permit
  • You can choose to have your application outcome mailed to your residential address or picked up from your local council – they cannot be sent to a PO Box.

Replacing lost, stolen or damaged permits


You can request replacements for damaged, lost or stolen Disabled Parking Permits or Accessible Parking Permits online. Replacement permits must be picked up from council.


Before you can collect your permit, you will be required to provide proof of identity and the following appropriate supporting documentation:

  • the damaged permit (if replacing)
  • a statutory declaration for a lost permit
  • a statutory declaration or a police report for a stolen permit.


Need help applying for, renewing or replacing a permit?


Our dedicated support site provides detailed help on applying for, renewing and replacing a permit.